please read the following Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Spokane Periodontics and all other dental practices are NOT affected by recent health orders for our community, directed by Governor Inslee. We remain dedicated to the care and health of our patients.
Health and safety
Dear Valued Patients:
Our community has been through quite a bit in the last few months, a lot has changed and is continuing to change as we move through seasons. As dedicated health care professionals, our commitment to protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff remains top priority.
We realize you have questions amid the ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus. We want you to know that our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more.
At your next in office appointment, here are some changes we have made.
For your appointment:
- Prior to your appointment our office will communicate with you to ask screening questions through an online form or over the phone. You will be asked the same questions again once in office.
- We ask that you wear a mask to your appointment.
- If you have a driver or someone coming with you, we ask that they wait in their car, unless otherwise directed by our office staff. This is to limit number of people in office.
- Upon arriving, you may call to inform us you are ready for your appointment. You are welcome to stay in your car until we communicate with you by phone or text that we are ready to seat you.
- If you would like to come into the office prior to your appointment and wait, we have adjusted our waiting room to only allow seating 6 feet apart, additionally we have a second waiting room where patients can wait with the same precautions. We ask that you allow a safe distance between you and other patients while in office.
- We will be checking temperatures of all patients and staff prior to entering the office.
- We will be spacing out appointments to provide social distancing between patients.
- In Office:
- All operatories will be disinfected between each patient and we will continue to use medical grade sterilization on all equipment and machinery.
- All high contact touch points in our waiting rooms, hallways and bathrooms with be disinfected hourly throughout the day with medical grade disinfectants as well as a UV-C light.
- You will notice a number of changes to the office itself. In addition to spaced out seating , we will no longer offer magazine or toys, as they are harder to clean.
- A clear sneeze guard has been placed at the front office desks to add an extra step of protection between communication.
- We will have medical Grade high-efficiency H13 TRUE HEPA air filters continuously running. The filters run a 4 stage system that remove 99.97% of particles larger than 0.03 microns 15 times per hour. We will have multiple running throughout the office.
- CDC has increased guidelines regarding PPE (Personal protective equipment) and as per the ADA we have increased cost in billing for such.
Please be aware of the symptoms of coronavirus, they are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled within the last 14 days, to any areas of high COVID cases or been in contact with someone diagnosed or suspected of having the virus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
Dr. Johnson and the Spokane Perio Team
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html